[lfs-dev] 回复:Re: Linux 4.15 and OpenSSL

hykwok1 at sina.com hykwok1 at sina.com
Tue Feb 6 00:56:56 PST 2018

>On Mon, 5 Feb 2018, hykwok1 at sina.com wrote:
>> I got the following message when I built the Linux kernel 4.15:
>>
>> fatal error: openssl/bio.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> I found this header file is required by the file "scripts/extract-cert.c"
>>
>> So, which kernel option should I uncheck in order to fix this issue?
>> That's because OpenSSL is not available in LFS.
>>
>> OR
>>
>> Do we have to install OpenSSL when we build LFS? In this atricle (https://kernelnewbies.org/KernelBuild), it mentions libssl-dev (or >openssl-devel or libopenssl-devel) is required to build the kernel source.
>>
>> Here is my LFS Version: 20180202-systemd
>> --
>It looks like a module signing issue.  Look for the following when building
>your kernel:
>Enable loadable module support  --->
>    [ ] Module signature verification
>If there's a * that's probably your problem.  From the kernel's help:
>"Note that this option adds the OpenSSL development packages as a
>kernel build dependency so that the signing tool can use its crypto
>library."
>Regards,
>Ryan

Actually, I want to build a new kernel with my old kernal config (for the kernel 4.9) and here is my procedure:

1. Extract Linux source codes
2. switch to the source code folder and type "make mrproper"
3. copy the old configure file to the folder: cp /sources/config-4.9 .config
4. type "make oldconfig" and apply default value for all new options
5. type "make menuconfig" and check the value of the "Module signature verification". Also, I make sure it is OFF.
6. type "make" to build the codes.

I used Linux kernel 4.14.17, 4.15 and 4.15.1 source codes and followed the above procedures. However, I could build the kernel 4.14.17 sucessfully only. I got the same error message for kernel 4.15 and 4.15.1.

So, any other options should I unselect for kernel 4.15?