[lfs-dev] lfs-systemd svn 6.75.Util-linux-2.33

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 3 14:42:23 PST 2018

On December 3, 2018 11:12:34 AM CST, Bruce Dubbs via lfs-dev <lfs-dev at lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>On 12/03/2018 10:02 AM, Thanos Baloukas via lfs-dev wrote:
>> It has
>>
>> rm -vf /usr/include/{blkid,libmount,uuid}
>>
>> We don't create those symlinks now. It should be
>>
>> rm -vf /usr/lib/lib{blkid,mount,uuid}*
>>
>> Without the above the util-linux installation leaves in /usr/lib
>> symlinks to /tools/lib
>
>Those links are now only created in the systemd book.  We should
>probably remove those at the end of the systemd section and remove the
>reference in utils-linux.
>
>If we decide to leave the rm command in util-linux, it should be marked
>
>systemd onle, even if it is a null operation in the sysv version.
>
>Douglas?  DJ?
>
>I can do it if you don't have time.

I think it would be best to do so in util-linux, but I cannot recall exactly why. Procps or psmisc also needs the libraries available I think. Of course, both of those are autotools IIRC, so we can get away with a -L/tools/lib in LDFLAGS, I think. Only Systemd is difficult because it uses the pkg-config values.

--DJ