[lfs-dev] LFS announcement format change in LFS News.

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Mon Sep 4 02:24:13 PDT 2017

> From: Richard Melville <6tricky9 at gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 10:13:49 +0100

[...]
> There appears to be some sort of misunderstanding as you, Ken and Bruce all
> seem to think that my issue is about scripting, which it isn't, as I've
> explained.  In fact, I wish I'd never mentioned my scripts.  It is just
> about the change in text layout on the LFS News web page, and how the
> different versions are listed.

The first message was:
====
##  From: Richard Melville <6tricky9 at gmail.com>
##  Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 16:59:08 +0100
##  To: LFS Developers Mailinglist <lfs-dev at lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
##  Subject: [lfs-dev] LFS announcement format change in LFS News.
##
##  I've just noticed that, certainly for the recent past, each new final
##  release has been labelled thus: "LFS Stable Version x.x Release", however,
##  the current release is shown as: "LFS 8.1 Release", omitting "Stable
##  Version".  Is this a deliberate change in format or an error?  I'm asking
##  because the change is likely to confound my script.
##
##  Richard
====

"I'm asking because the change is likely to confound my script." ; &
no other reasons-for-asking listed.

 -vs-

"it isn't [about scripting] [...] It is just about the change in text
layout on the LFS News web page [...]"

Why is "I'm asking because the change is likely to confound my script"
not about scripting ?

akh