[lfs-dev] install MPlayer fail

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 14 10:19:30 PST 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 11:13:05AM +0800, Rogue S.T wrote:
> My LFS is 7.0, i have a demand about play video, so i want to install MPlayer.
> But i get a error:cannot find pow when i install libpng package that dependent.
> What? then  i search it on google  and lfs? nothing ,can you help me?

Beyond what Thomas said -

LFS-7.0 was released in late 2011.  At that time there was no
corresponding BLFS release.  That version of LFS contained
glibc-2.14.1 and linux-3.1 : both are now very out of date, with
many known vulnerabilities.

I cannot begin to guess what instructions you are following, nor
which version of libpng (if before the 1.6 series, later versions of
earlier series are available from
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html )

With *current* libpng (1.6.34 - not yet in the book when I last
looked) configure gives me

checking for working strtod... yes
checking for memset... yes
checking for pow... no
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for clock_gettime... yes
checking for zlibVersion in -lz... yes

So the pow() function should be found in libm on gnu-linux.  This
suggests that not only is your system very old, there might be
something else different about it (different platform, different
libc).

Also, any build problems after LFS has been booted belong on the
blfs-support list: but you'll need to give those of us subscribed to
that list a *lot* more information about the problem if you want any
answers : which instructions you followed for MPlayer and libpng,
possibly the exact error details (maybe config.log might have
something more on this, since apparently the omission caused
configure to stop), and what is different about your system.

Since you are using 7.0, I guess this might be a 32-bit system ?
The i686 architecture should have worked for all of the last 6
years, but lesser variants (i586, i486, i386) maybe are no longer
supported and products not from Intel or AMD (e.g. cyrus, soekris,
via) might have differences.  The first few lines of /proc/cpuinfo
will tell you the vendor_id and model name.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.