[lfs-dev] merge is the new trunk

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 29 22:12:03 PDT 2016

On 05/29/2016 05:17 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
>>

>> On 05/29/2016 03:43 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>> I have moved the merge LFS branch to be the new LFS/trunk/BOOK in svn.
>>> For most users it will make no difference.  For editors, the work should
>>> be a lot easier as only a few  pages are different between the System V
>>> book and the systemd book.
>>>

>> Very cool! One thing I didn't address while in branch is two
>> references to
>> bootscripts that appear in systemd book. Chapter 7's title contains the
>> word "Bootscripts" was thinking about simply replacing it with
>> "Initialization" for both.
>
> How about just changing it to "System Configuration"?  You can commit to
> trunk if you like.
>
> Also in 7.3.2.2, LFS-Bootscripts is referenced
>> in systemd book. This is not the case in the sysv book. The pages are
>> almost identical. Suggest merging the pages, just use sysv version and
>> add
>> 7.3.3.6 from udevd.xml. Can use revision in the ulink for the two
>> links in
>> the last para of 7.3.3.
>
> Go ahead.  Or do you want me to do it?

Done, also removed the unneeded etcshellsd.xml and did the same with
symlinks{,d}.xml. While these first two sect2s in sysmlinks.xml were
absent from systemd, I plan to put them back into it. Most of the text,
save for the scripts themselves (which no longer exist outside of eudev)
and related explanatory text, can be reused.

> I've been working on the daily rebuild scripts.  They are done for now,
> but I need to check the LFS currency script.  Other than that, I think
> the switch over is complete.  We do need to keep our eyes out for bugs
> though.

Looks like the currency script ran correctly. I must say that this merge
has been really smooth. Bruce, Pierre, excellent work! I'm looking
forward to using jhalfs with the merged source in the next couple of days.

--DJ