[lfs-dev] merge is the new trunk

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 29 14:51:42 PDT 2016

On 05/29/2016 03:43 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I have moved the merge LFS branch to be the new LFS/trunk/BOOK in svn.
> For most users it will make no difference.  For editors, the work should
> be a lot easier as only a few  pages are different between the System V
> book and the systemd book.

Very cool! One thing I didn't address while in branch is two references
to bootscripts that appear in systemd book. Chapter 7's title contains
the word "Bootscripts" was thinking about simply replacing it with
"Initialization" for both. Also in 7.3.2.2, LFS-Bootscripts is
referenced in systemd book. This is not the case in the sysv book. The
pages are almost identical. Suggest merging the pages, just use sysv
version and add 7.3.3.6 from udevd.xml. Can use revision in the ulink
for the two links in the last para of 7.3.3.