[lfs-dev] gcc pass 1: perl binaries are mismatched

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 14 18:20:28 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 06:57:20PM -0600, Roger Koehler wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2016 6:52 PM, "Bruce Dubbs"
> > That looks like a host problem to me.  What host are you running?  If
> LFS, just delete perl and it's libraries and rebuild in the host using the
> Chapter 6 Perl instructions.
>
> Was hoping for a smaller incision using cpan or something, but thanks for
> the suggestion.

When I made my previous post I overlooked that comment after I had
googled for the message - IFF you have to do that, rebuild
everything which installed any perl modules (I'm assuming the host
has a bit more than just basic LFS).

But it's an uncommon problem - distros usually get it right, but if
you are doing your own rolling-release then you have to live with the
breakage if it goes wrong.

ĸen
--
I had to walk fifteen miles to school, barefoot in the snow.  Uphill both ways.