[lfs-dev] Git

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 23:38:50 PST 2016

Roger Koehler wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Roger Koehler wrote:
>>
>>> I would create an "lfs-7.9" branch that points to all the sources used to
>>> build my system
>>
>> We have that.  ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/blfs/7.8/
>
> I was wondering what happened to anduin. Good to know. Thanks.

The ISP that hosted anduin tried to double their price (686, 165G disk,
10Mb connection).  I moved to another ISP for 20% or the price (before
they tried to double).  The new anduin is a lot faster, both CPU and
network, but is limited to 24G of space.   osuosl is the master site for
LFS/BLFS files anyway (and has been for 10 years or so).

We do host a limited number of files on anduin where upstream does not
cooperate by creating stable releases.

>>> The whole system would be under revision control, and I could
>>> easily patch in upstream fixes for testing.
>>
>> Please let us know when you have that implemented.
>
> Lol. Okay, I realize that was a bit of a stretch. How do you currently
> learn about and incorporate new releases?

We have a set of scripts that checks the packages every night.  They are a
bit fragile due to upstream changing their websites (and similar) so they
are not 100% accurate, but I think they exceed 95% accuracy most of the time.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/blfs-currency.html

The results are also posted to the lfs-book and blfs-book mailing lists
nightly.

   -- Bruce