[lfs-dev] Git

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 11:46:40 PST 2016

Roger Koehler wrote:

> I would create an "lfs-7.9" branch that points to all the sources used to
> build my system

We have that.  ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/blfs/7.8/

When 7.9 is released there will be ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/blfs/7.9/

> and an "lfs-test" branch to patch in incremental changes
> for testing.

Well ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/blfs/conglomoration/ is updated daily for
changes in the development book.

Note that LFS/BLFS is designed to be 'leading edge'.  That is, it
generally has the most recent 'stable' (as defined upstream) packages.
When you use commits beyond the stable releases, than that is bleeding edge.

> The whole system would be under revision control, and I could
> easily patch in upstream fixes for testing.

Please let us know when you have that implemented.

   -- Bruce