[lfs-dev] Odd grub error in -rc2

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 22 16:51:19 PST 2016

Finally booted my first build of rc2.  I have gpt partitions, with a
separate boot partition where I loaded grub - from a 20160202 build
after I had got an SSD installed.  With that build and rc1, grub has
seemed fine, so I copied an rc1 entry for rc2, changed the kernel to
4.4.2 and changed the partition number for the root fs.

But when I booted rc2 I got a grub error message about a missing
module - didn't have a pen, but it was something like gpt2_part.
After that, I had to press enter to continue booting.  I'm now in,
and everything seems fine - but obviously I would like to get rid
of that error so that all I have to do is select the right kernel.
For the moment, I'll continue until I have a graphical browser
before I look at google.

ĸen