[lfs-dev] glibc-2.23

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 21:33:03 PST 2016

DJ Lucas wrote:

> OT: virtio obviously works well with Linux guests, but runs amazingly well
> with Windows guests as well if needed. That particular Windows 10 load is
> faster virtualized than the factory load on original hardware. Now, keep
> in mind that's not exactly a 1:1 comparison, it's a convertible (no vendor
> bloatware installed, no tablet drivers, enterprise vs pro), but I was
> pretty impressed none the less. I get to both desktops in around 8-10
> seconds from power on (the variable is me typing at the GDM login). I did
> have to disable the startup health check in the guest Windows 10 VM as it
> results in a SMART error for the virtio HDD! My poor helpdesk folks didn't
> like the repeated bogus support tickets. :-)

The first time I built LFS in qemu I thought I did something wrong.  From
'power on' to login prompt was about 2 seconds.

I have found that building LFS in qemu takes about 150% of the time on HW.
  I don't know if I set things up properly or not.  What I use is usually
some variation of:

qemu -enable-kvm -boot c \
      -drive file=/mnt/qemu/deb71.img \
      -drive file=/mnt/qemu/lfs.img \