[lfs-dev] glibc-2.23

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:18:51 PST 2016

I've built the new glibc in my sandbox and will start doing a -rc2 when my
full build completes in the next hour or so.

I did look at the test failures:

XPASS: elf/tst-protected1a
XPASS: elf/tst-protected1b
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo4
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo5
Summary of test results:
       2 FAIL
    2401 PASS
      84 XFAIL
       2 XPASS

I've updated the text to add posix/tst-getaddrinfo5 to the list of known
failures.  When I look at the text we have now, I also see:

* The rt/tst-cputimer1 and rt/tst-cpuclock2 tests have been known to fail.
The reason is not completely understood, but indications are that minor
timing issues can trigger these failures.

* The math tests sometimes fail when running on systems where the CPU is
not a relatively new Intel or AMD processor.

* Other tests known to fail on some architectures are
malloc/tst-malloc-usable and nptl/tst-cleanupx4.

I have already removed the text about tst-protected1{a,b}.

I have not seen any of these in a long time. Should I remove them?

   -- Bruce