[lfs-dev] login issues

Roger Koehler roger.o.koehler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:46:21 PST 2016

On Feb 5, 2016 8:53 AM, roger.o.koehler at gmail.com wrote:

> > >If this is the problem one possibility may be that you didn't have the
umask properly set when you did some or part of the build.

> Hmm. My lfs user's .bashrc file is correct with umask 022 set, and I
built everything logged in as lfs first, and all of the library permissions
are correct. However, I only have a subset of the libraries that Bruce
shows for /bin/bash:

> # ldd /bin/bash
> linux-vdso.so.1
> libncursesw.so.6 => /lib/libncursesw.so.6
> libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2
> libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6
> /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
>
> That's it. No readline or history. I built in the correct order, but when
I looked back at the test log, I saw the same message I got from coreutils:

> su: Cannot drop the controlling terminal
>
> An ideas on what that might mean?

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the linux-libre kernel that
I'm using as my host. It has some unusual security settings in the config
file.

I'll try building again in another partition using this first lfs build as
my host and see what happens.