[lfs-dev] login issues

Roger Koehler roger.o.koehler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:46:21 PST 2016

> >If this is the problem one possibility may be that you didn't have the
umask properly set when you did some or part of the build.

Hmm. My lfs user's .bashrc file is correct with umask 022 set, and I built
everything logged in as lfs first, and all of the library permissions are
correct. However, I only have a subset of the libraries that Bruce shows
for /bin/bash:

# ldd /bin/bash
linux-vdso.so.1
libncursesw.so.6 => /lib/libncursesw.so.6
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

That's it. No readline or history. I built in the correct order, but when I
looked back at the test log, I saw the same message I got from coreutils:

su: Cannot drop the controlling terminal

An ideas on what that might mean?