[lfs-dev] Installing util-linux before udev

Tim Tassonis stuff at decentral.ch
Thu Feb 4 15:24:14 PST 2016

Hi all

Due to the circular dependencies between util-linux and eudev, I have
installed util-linux before eudev with the option --without-udev.

This worked fine and to my knowledge only excludes one binary from
util-linux, making it perfectly usable for my needs.

Now, when I get to the eudev chapter, it contains a few things that seem
only be neccessary if util-linux is taken from /tools:

cat > config.cache << "EOF"
HAVE_BLKID=1
BLKID_LIBS="-lblkid"
BLKID_CFLAGS="-I/tools/include"
EOF

LIBRARY_PATH=/tools/lib make

make LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tools/lib check
make LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tools/lib install

Am I safe to assume that I can skip those in my case and only use

make
make check
make install
?

Also, are there any other problems to be expected when I create
util-linux without udev support?

Kind regards
Tim

--