[lfs-dev] login issues

Tim tim at variosecure.net
Thu Feb 4 13:17:52 PST 2016

On 02/05/2016 05:22 AM, Roger Koehler wrote:

> Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied
>
> ls -l /bin/bash yields:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x root root 1134856 Feb. 1 13:18 /bin/bash

For what it's worth, I have seen this before but am on the road and
don't have access to my notes right now. Off the top of my head things I
would do is run the ldd command on /bin/bash to make sure that none are
missing, and that the non-privileged user has r-x access to each of
them, including the loader itself. If this is the problem one
possibility may be that you didn't have the umask properly set when you
did some or part of the build.

If you haven't worked it out by the time I get back home, I'll check my
build notes!

Tim