[lfs-dev] login issues

Roger Koehler roger.o.koehler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:48:56 PST 2016

> > > What comes to my mind: What are the permissions and owner of your
/home/<new user> ?

> > I tried chmod 777 and also verified correct ownership.
> >
> > Here's another clue: If I try su without the login ('-') option, I get
> >
> > Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied
> >
> > ls -l /bin/bash yields:
> >
> > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1134856 Feb. 1 13:18 /bin/bash
>
> Another interesting piece of information:
>
> When I compiled the coreutils package,  and ran the unprivileged user
check, I got this message:

> su: Cannot drop the controlling terminal

Sorry for the spam, but this is boggling my mind.

In the check-root log file I have this message after several tests:

user nobody lacks execute permissions

The main difference between this build and others I have done is that:

1) This platform uses a SSD instead of a normal hard drive (shouldn't be an
issue)

2) I'm using Libreboot instead of a proprietary BIOS (T400 from minifree.org
)