[lfs-dev] kernel messages during gcc tests

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 20:36:54 PST 2016

I just updated several packages in LFS and did a complete LFS build
including all Chapter 6 tests.  One thing I noticed that I haven't seen
before is a ton of error messages in /var/log/kern.log.  The look like:

Feb  2 20:52:05 lfs78 kernel: [1888937.495544] lib-42.exe[6559]: segfault
at 8 ip 00007f63a68c1fbe sp 00007fffd02bbde0 error 4 in
libgomp.so.1.0.0[7f63a68ab000+1f000]

In addition to segfaults, there are some messages about 'trap invalid
opcode' in overflow-add-4.exe.