[lfs-dev] 6.17. GCC-6.2.0 - purpose of the -k parameter in make -k check

Wayne Blaszczyk wblaszcz at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 30 02:28:21 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm curious on what the intent of having the -k parameter in make -k check.
To this point in time I always thought it was to continue with the tests even
 after unexpected test failures. But after removing the -k, the only error I got early on was

autogen -T ../../fixincludes/check.tpl ../../fixincludes/inclhack.def
make[2]: autogen: Command not found

which caused an early halt.
With autogen installed, make check seemed to complete all the tests even though not all of them were successful.
I feel that this should be clarified.

BTW, Arch has the following
  # Do not run fixincludes
  sed -i 's@\./fixinc\.sh at -c true@' gcc/Makefile.in

Not sure what the purpose of this is since it still tries to execute autogen.

Regards,
Wayne.