[lfs-dev] Change in lfs/blfs-fr

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 22 16:06:37 PDT 2016

Hi everybody,

The merge in lfs/blfs books created a quite enormous work. It implied
large changes and checks in the translations. After more than 7 years in
this project, I was in front of a double choice: reviewing everything
(very long) and going ahead, accepting a new method proposed by new
contributors. It is based on Pottle/gettext.

Given the needed work, it was important to ensure a better future for
lfs-fr. And this implies new contributors. Pottle is a quite good tool
to hope having new contrib in the translation.

Personally, it is not easy to do such change, basically due to habits.
Plus the missing time in my life. That's why I decided to remove myself
from the coordination, and give it to the main current contributor:
Julien Lepiller. Thanks very much to him, his 9ork is great! He ensures
support for French forum and IRC channel. He translated all LFS, dev and
stable, in Gettext format. He's reviewing BLFS and updating it.

I'm very glad for this. I'll go on helping the project: translating as
much as needed and possible, having stands, communicating on the
Internet, searching for new contrib, so that the project always could
have a future. While current French staff needed to dec!ease activity,
we are happy with finding new contrib. Let's hope when the current team
wants to remove, new ones will be there to do as I do today.

Anyway, thanks LFS for all it gave me. It changed my life in free
software and contributions. I learnt very much technically, in English.
I'm happy with having a beautiful French community for support and
relationship with upstream.

See you very soon!

Best regards,

--
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Coordinateur francophone du projet Linux From Scratch

Administrateur de Liberté 0