[lfs-dev] gcc-6.2.0-RC-20160815

Romain GEISSLER romain.geissler at amadeus.com
Tue Aug 16 00:08:09 PDT 2016

> Le 16 août 2016 à 05:14, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Running target unix
> FAIL: g++.dg/guality/pr55665.C   -O2  line 23 p == 40
> FAIL: g++.dg/guality/pr55665.C   -O3 -g  line 23 p == 40
> XPASS: g++.dg/tls/thread_local-order2.C  -std=c++11 execution test
> XPASS: g++.dg/tls/thread_local-order2.C  -std=c++14 execution test

Hi,

For the 2 XPASS, I guess everyone following LFS has it for a very long time no ? I have deactivated them a long time ago, because with the LFS configuration it will always pass (while the gcc developers expect it to fail). The reason is that it requires some glibc support, that LFS has for sure. See https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2016-01/msg02092.html

For the guality tests, I have already explained in another mail the situation and the constant very bad shape of these tests in general. But I thought these tests couldn't be run in the LFS context given that it requires gdb that is normally not built at this stage ?

Cheers,
Romain