[lfs-dev] pgrep test failure in procps-ng tests (resend)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 13 15:44:21 PDT 2016

Oh for a keyboard which doesn't decide to add spaces into things
(probably, it is flexing slightly) - unfortunately, my PS/2 KVM
switches have their sockets too close together to accepts two
usb->PS/2 adaptors, and all my mice are already usb.  So, re-sending
now that I've got a delivery failure from an extra space in the To:.

Re procps -

I see that we disable the test for pmap because it fails when
running from a script without a tty, but I'm getting the same
failure in pgrep (and also pkill) -

                === pgrep tests ===

Schedule of variations:
    unix

Running target unix
Using /tools/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description
file for target.
Using /tools/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file
for target.
Using ./config/unix.exp as tool-and-target-specific interface file.
Running ./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp ...
ERROR: tcl error sourcing ./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp.
ERROR: can't read "tty": no such variable
    while executing
"return $tty"
    (procedure "get_tty" line 7)
    invoked from within
"get_tty "
    (file "./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp" line 12)
    invoked from within
"source ./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 source ./pgrep.test/pgrep.exp"
    invoked from within
"catch "uplevel #0 source $test_file_name""

                === pgrep Summary ===

/building/procps-ng-3.3.12/pgrep version 3.3.12

WARNING: Couldn't find tool init file
Test run by root on Tue Aug  9 19:21:48 2016
Native configuration is x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

Is this another place where I'm managing to do things differently ?
(only intended differences are dropping unneeded static libs and
using the gold linker).

I tried to apply a similar sed to pgrep, but failed to fix it, so
I'm letting it pass for the moment.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods