[lfs-dev] Preparing for 7.10 package freeze

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 12 15:50:53 PDT 2016

On 08/12/2016 01:12 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I have just committed an update to LFS that clears all the tickets for
> the book.  The package freeze is scheduled for two days from now and  I
> know of no impending upstream releases between now and then.
>
> If anyone has any changes that need to be addressed, please post them
> here or open a ticket.

href="https://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/releases/pkg-config-0.29.1.tar.gz">here</a>.</p>

I can get to it a bit later on tonight. As to freeze, how do things work
for the corresponding BLFS?

> I do have one concern that I'd like to discuss.  When doing an update, I
> usually build the entire LFS system, including all checks in Chapter 6.
> I started this process last night, but the checks for perl hung for
> about six hours.  Killing the process and just re-running the perl
> build/checks and continuing completed the rest of the build without
> further issue.
>
> I've seen the perl tests hang before after glibc-2.24 was installed, but
> not every time.  The fact that just rerunning the checks passes points
> to a timing issue.  To me the most likely culprit is glibc, however I
> can't be sure.
>
> My first question here is whether anyone else has seen this problem?
> The second issue is how we should address it, if at all.

Sorry, I have not seen this yet. But I've only completed two jhalfs runs
since new glibc hit trunk. Perl is on my list of packages for tonight
(or tomorrow), so it'll get built (and tested) at least a couple of
times. Maybe I'll get lucky. :-/

--DJ