[lfs-dev] gcc test failures with current svn

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 7 17:48:26 PDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 06:57:26PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 12:20:23PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> > Isn't -flto the gold linker?  I'm not sure.
> >
> > Didn't someone once say that if you don't follow the book and something
> > breaks, that you get to keep the pieces?
> >
> > [snip]
>
> Probably (-flto), certainly the book doesn't enable the plugins.
> And yes, I'm keeping all the pieces.
>
> But the failures are new since the end of May - at that time gold
> worked fine (barring firefox, which has now been fixed), which is why
> I've been keen to see it added.
>
> I'm going to start a second build without gold.

And that build has now been abandonned (perl test looping again),
but without gdb I see the following in the gcc tests (the initial
52 failures are, of course, gone) -

1113 failures in gcc itself, all in gcc.target/i386/mpx/ and all
appear to be in execution tests.

I'm running a 4.7.0 kernel, if that makes any difference, with

CONFIG_IA32_EMULATION=y
CONFIG_IA32_AOUT=y

but I don't really see how any i386 execution tests can be expected
to ever work on LFS x86_64 where there are no 32-bit libraries.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods