[lfs-dev] perl tests loop at 100% CPU in current SVN

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 7 17:37:27 PDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 08:37:32PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 02:14:42PM -0500, Douglas R. Reno wrote:
> > On Aug 7, 2016 12:12 PM, "Ken Moffat" <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > There are a couple of memory leaks and such that were reported for Perl a
> > couple of days ago. I wonder if you ran across some of them.

[...]
> For perl, let's see what happens without gold.

It's now hanging (I guess 'looping' is a more accurate description)
at the exact same place in the tests [ lib/Benchmark ].

I would normally assume a loop like this was different from a memory
leak, but I have no details of what you referred to.

Looking at that test script, I have no idea how to debug it.  It
worked in 5.24 on the haswell at the end of May / beginning of June.
Oh, and I don't have gdb or strace in /tools on this build.

Separate reply about gcc tests will follow.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods