[lfs-dev] gcc test failures with current svn

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 7 13:01:19 PDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 02:28:52PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Romain, you do know that we run the gcc tests in a limited chroot
> environment where gdb is not available, right?  Shouldn't the tests that
> need gdb just be skipped?

Arghh!  I build gdb and strace on my gold builds so that I can debug
build failures if any happen in the BLFS packages I need to build
before booting.

So, I've got choices - build like the book (boring, but it will
determine if I can get through the perl tests) and drop gdb but
keep gold : I'll try that if doing it by the book completes and
boots.

/me wishes he'd started a build before you updated glibc and
binutils, it might have been easier :)

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods