[lfs-dev] gcc test failures wi h current svn

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 7 12:55:32 PDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 04:22:03PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> I started a build last night on my (slow) Phenom.
>
> In the gcc suite I'm seeing a couple of failures each in g++ and
> libstdc++, whih sounds fine, but the first thing to report is gcc
> itself, which has 52 unexpected failures!   I've checked that the
> ASAN patch was applied - I suspect that without it the failures in
> g++ and libstdc++ would have increased.

For this part, I'll reply to myself (as well as noting it in the
reply to Romain) - on the 20160527 build on my haswell, I also got
52 failures in gcc.  And that system works well, so this is maybe
related to gold - in general, tests fail.  If we hadn't had so much
pain after LFS-4 I wouldn't run them in LFS.

But - on that build I had no 'i386' failures.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods