[lfs-dev] binutils-2.27 major problem

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:03:31 PDT 2016

I started to test both binutils-2.27 and glibc-2.24 today and got a crash
at binutils-pass2.  I then backed off and tried binutils-2.27 with the
existing glibc and still got the crash.  Trying the new glibc and the old
binutils was OK.

The binutils-pass2 error is in the configure section:

configure:4496: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:4505: ./a.out
../configure: line 4507: 31596 Segmentation fault      ./$ac_file
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

I'm still investigating, but if anyone has a suggestion, let me know.
My next step will be to see what valid options can be used for --host.

   -- Bruce