[lfs-dev] Thinking about a new LFS Live CD/iso

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Thu Apr 21 01:19:02 PDT 2016

Hi, I also am totally blind and think the new live disc should include
the speakup screen reader and sound card support as most newer systems
don't have built in serial ports so using an external hardware voice
synthesizer is not possible.  Also, Reading the normal book I understand
about no sound card support like alsa utilities but for a blind user who
requires it for speech output could this not be moved to the LFS main
book?  Once the disc is built putting directions on how you built the
disc would be very useful as well as having the disc load all of the way
into ram so the physical disc can be removed from the drive would be a
very useful addition.  Nick Gawronski