[lfs-dev] Thinking about a new LFS Live CD/iso

Julius ter Pelkwijk pelkwijk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:00:34 PDT 2016

Hi,

I would certainly add some "rescue-tools" in there too, like memtest and
hard drive diagnostics. A malware scanner is also handy to have (in case
someone hijacked their harddrives and encrypted everything), rsync,
ddrescue, an ntfs partition reader, maybe something to do BIOS flashing?

For me, a "rescue-cd" would be similar to a swiss army knife: A lot of
tools packed in a limited amount of space, usable to quickly diagnose the
issue (hard drive problem, CPU problem, GPU problem or something else?) and
a rescue option (hdd cloning, rescue software, etc.). I think it should
also be able to start without connecting to the hdd itself (so no
auto-mounting).

.Julius