[lfs-dev] Thinking about a new LFS Live CD/iso

dueffert at uwe-dueffert.de dueffert at uwe-dueffert.de
Mon Apr 18 14:27:18 PDT 2016

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I've been thinking thinking about a new Live CD/Rescue CD based on LFS.
> It would be much less ambitious than the old one that included an X
> implementation.
> What I had in mind is a base LFS system with the following: [...]
Sounds good!

> What else?
if uncluding mc, then its dependencies - at least glib and libffi.
libssh2 has been handy here too (for virtual sftp file system support),
though I recognize it is not even in the book :-(

if not including any graphics library, what's the advantage of links
over lynx? Just personal preference?

Uwe