[lfs-dev] 7.9 & dev: extraneous markup - kernel headers pages.

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Fri Apr 8 12:52:00 PDT 2016

On 08/04/2016 19:14, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> The reason is that we use jhalfs to extract the first
> <userinput remap="make"> as a non privileged command and the <userinput
> remap="install"> as privileged.
>
> I suppose that this is not needed since everything in Chapter 5 is done as
> user lfs and as root in Chapter 6.

I think this is needed for "package management" in jhalfs, which adds
instructions to install in a DESTDIR when the remap attribute is "install".
It might not be that useful for normal jhalfs use.
Package management is only used in chapter 6, though, so the instructions in
chapter 5 could be modified as akh suggests.

Pierre