[lfs-dev] gcc 5.1.0 test suite time out errors.

Laurence Dawson larry.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 19:59:22 PDT 2015

It's not particularly slow - the host is a decent laptop (i5, 2 core +
hyperthreading), 16G Ram. I only gave the vm 1g and 1 cpu, but wasn't doing
anything heavy apart from the lfs build at the time. The only part that
might look slow is the disk - I'm using virtual box dynamic expanding disk,
and if the test is expanding the amount of disk needed, then it might be
getting a slow response from the storage system.

After reading a little about cilk, it is about parallel processing. I'm
wondering if the fact that I gave the vm a single cpu is causing it to
deadlock.

I have never left the chroot environment since I created it, and I went
through all the virtual filesystem mounts. In side the chroot environment
mount shows:

root:/sources/gcc-build# mount
/dev/sdb1 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs
(rw,relatime,size=497264k,nr_inodes=124316,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,relatime)