[lfs-dev] perl-5.22 causes test failures

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 7 16:39:58 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 05:32:48PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> With the new version of perl in the book, 4 packages now generate failures:
> coreutils, m4, grep, and diffuils.  What I see is messages like:
>
> 094-coreutils-8.23:FAIL: test-update-copyright.sh
> 096-m4-1.4.17:FAIL: test-update-copyright.sh
> 099-grep-2.21:FAIL: test-update-copyright.sh
> 111-diffutils-3.3:FAIL: test-update-copyright.sh
>
> I imagine that this is due to something built into autoconf or other support
> file used in multiple packages.  I really don't think it is worth mentioning
> in the book.  Upstream will fix it as new revisions are brought out.
>
>   -- Bruce
It's in gnulib, which is why so many packages share it.  At the
moment, google is not finding any fixes, at least for me (probably,
you are the first person to run these testsuites with it).

Do you have any leftover files to indicate how it failed ?  I'll
start a new build including 5.22 sometime this week, I hope, but in
the meantime I have no data to go on.  The test checks for perl and
then invokes the supplied update-copyright perl script with various
inputs.

And if any of these packages has not fixed it by the time we
release, I think we ought to mention it.  But in the meantime, only
people who read this list should be building -svn, so no harm done.

ĸen