[lfs-dev] About new systemd release management

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sat Jul 11 04:19:06 PDT 2015

On 11.07.2015 11:44, James Powell wrote:
> I'm not saying you, nor I could have said anything to change their minds, but now I'm curious and concerned about the direction of the project.
>
> Without controlled stable releases, how will they track bugs? Just say to everyone, pull a new git clone and pray it works?
>
> Very strange indeed, and thanks for keeping us informed Armin.

Don't top post, it's hard to properly reply and to keep track of the
conversation at the same time.

I don't think there was ever a stable release, just a new release.
Every new release introduces a lots of features and bugs alike, so
I can't really agree that they ever released stable releases.

There were stable branches, where they declared a certain version
for "stable updates", where fixes were backported but new features
were not.

In the end, nothing was changed except the distribution ready
tarballs not being generated anymore.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.