[lfs-dev] About new systemd release management

James Powell maduinthemarauder at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 02:30:29 PDT 2015

It's weird that after 222 that they're going strictly to unstable code branches and nightly build monikers.

Trimming down a project is nice and all, and using autogen.sh is fine, but when you halt stable versioned releases, that gets a bit absurd.

Tracking bugs on dated git pulls becomes flat out impossible. I've been there, done that, and learned my lesson.

Some of these changes of recent to the entire systemd development model just make me wonder what the Hell is going on.

I can understand forking of gudev, going to autogen.sh to avoid mismatches with autotools versions and libtool, but stopping stable releases... that's outright odd.