[lfs-dev] LFS 7.7 section 5.29 (Perl-5.20.2) typographical issue

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 10 13:28:02 PDT 2015

On 7/10/2015 3:14 PM, Schuyler Kelley wrote:
> Slight correction: section 5.29, not 5.19.
>
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Schuyler Kelley <zalethon at gmail.com <mailto:zalethon at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     The command to configure perl in the 7.7 book at section 5.19 is ' sh Configure -des -Dprefix=/tools -Dlibs=-lm '
>
>     In the PDF of the book, the lowercase L in ' -lm ' appears identical to a number 1.

It must be the PDF viewer you are using. It displays correctly here.
You should check out the instructions in section 5.10 where the exact
same font is used (inside the command boxes) and you'll see a numeral 1.

Though the lower case l and the numeral 1 are similar, they are different.

There's really nothing we can do about it.

--
Randy