[lfs-dev] chapter05/expect.xml

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Fri Jul 10 09:10:09 PDT 2015

On 10.07.2015 17:01, Nathan Coulson wrote:
> On 10 July 2015 at 07:13, Milton Ott <milton at mettech.me> wrote:
>> All apologies lfs-dev, this a great start isn't it. The patch is no
>> good. I forgot to double check
>> before sending and its come back to bite me.

Patience is the key. Main developer is from USA, which means you're
almost a day ahead of him. Having no response doesn't mean it's not
good, but rather it's not read at the moment.

> Originally chapter 5 was written that way due to older versions of sed
> not supporting -i (allowing it to work on older hosts).  Not sure if
> this is still a concern or not.

Minimum listed sed version is 4.1.5 and that version supports -i.orig
just fine. I just downloaded the version and built it to test. Note
that the requirement is GNU sed, not any other, so the change is fine
by me.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.