[lfs-dev] XML::Parser installation

Daniel Schepler dschepler at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 17:13:45 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 4:39 PM, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> > As to /usr and /usr/local - if a distro provides binary updates,
> > /usr/local may help to keep your own things unaltered.  For a linux
> > system, /usr/local is rarely worth the aggravation┬╣ - and I suspect
> > that perl's vendor directory is similar.
> For an LFS system

I thought it was the other way around - vendor_perl is more like /usr, and
site_perl is more like /usr/local.  (Of course, I'm no Perl expert, so I
could easily be wrong.  If site_perl takes precedence over vendor_perl,
though, as somebody else indicated elsewhere in the thread, that would
support my interpretation - as would the fact that cpan installs to
site_perl by default just as configure installs to /usr/local by default.)
--
Daniel