[lfs-dev] XML::Parser installation

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 10:31:53 PDT 2015

Daniel Schepler wrote:
> By analogy with the reasoning from "The /usr Versus /usr/local Debate", it
> seems it would make sense to install LFS Perl modules into vendor_perl instead
> of site_perl.  If you agree, the fix would be to run:
>
> perl Makefile.pl INSTALLDIRS=vendor

That's an interesting observation, but it could lead to some
inconsistencies.  We also offer the cpan method in BLFS and that
installs automatically in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl so if a user mixed
the methods, the files would be in different places.

I note that at least one distro (Mint) puts the files in /usr/lib/perl5,
and not a subdirectory.

   -- Bruce