[lfs-dev] 'ls -l' segfaults on Athlon XP (confirmed)

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 23 17:10:51 PST 2015

On 2/23/2015 12:28 PM, Christoph Feikes wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Make that:
>>
>> sed -e '/ia32/s/^/1:/' \
>>      -e '/SSE2/s/^1://' \
>>      -i  sysdeps/i386/i686/multiarch/mempcpy_chk.S
>
> Applied the sed command to glibc in the toolchain. "ls -l" from
> toolchain-coreutils doesn't segfault. Will apply it to the glibc build
> in chapter 6, too. Don't hold your breath, SBU is 6 minutes.

Bruce, this is a complete show-stopper for a 7.7 release without the
sed shown above. I have not tried it yet, but indeed my 686 build does
the same exact segfault after coreutils was compiled in chapter 5
without the sed.

I am going to redo chapter 5 using the sed and I will confirm that it
fixes the issue. However, let's get a ticket going about this and ensure
it is fixed before the release. It is a big-time breakage.

--
Randy