[lfs-dev] LFS-7.7-rc1 is released

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:48:00 PST 2015

The Linux From Scratch community announces the release of LFS Version 7.7-rc1.
It is a preliminary release of LFS-7.7. Major changes include toolchain updates
to binutils-2.25, glibc-2.21, and gcc-4.9.2. In total, 30 packages were updated
since the last release. Changes to the text have also been made throughout the
book. The linux kernel has also been updated to version 3.19.

We encourage all users to read through this release of the book and test the
instructions so that we can make the final release as good as possible.

Please direct any comments about this release to the LFS development team at
lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org. Please note that registration for the lfs-dev
mailing list is required to avoid junk email.

   -- Bruce Dubbs
      linuxfromscratch.org