[lfs-dev] Announcement: BLFS systemd rises from the dead

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Tue Feb 17 20:13:27 PST 2015

Hello,

As many of you may have noticed, the official BLFS systemd book hasn't been
updated in a long time and maintainer is nowhere to be seen. So, I was asked
to once again take the maintainership of the BLFS systemd book.

The latest book is now in place and is based on what I previously called KBLFS.
KBLFS URL now contains a redirect to the official systemd book and will do so
for the time being.

The XML remains in the git repository at github and blfs "Downloads" page has
been updated to reflect that. The only thing that has changed from KBLFS is
the "branding". The bug reports can now go to BLFS trac too. If any of the
current editors want commit access to the new systemd book, please mail me
your public ssh key off list.

KBLFS was forked off main BLFS book revision 14732 and modified from scratch
to work on LFS systemd. LFS systemd has been updated to once again point to
the BLFS systemd book.

The book is quite different from what used to be official systemd branch until
today and I have no intention of trying to make it similar to the main book.
The plan is to release a stable version that works with LFS systemd 7.7 and
has all the latest software.

Last, but not least - online version is available at the standard location:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/systemd/

--

   -- Armin K.
   -- LFS and BLFS systemd maintainer.