[lfs-dev] Upcoming package freeze and -rc1

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 13:51:47 PST 2015


Armin K. wrote:
> On 11.2.2015 19:54, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I was hoping to freeze on Feb 15, but I'd really like to get
>> util-linux-2.26 in before that.  I asked upstream and they are waiting
>> on i18n translations so they think it should be sometime next week.
>>
>> The question is whether we should wait or slip it into the book between
>> -rc1 and -stable.
>>
>> Right now, only the latest kernel and iproute2 are not in -svn.  Waiting
>> would also give us some time to possibly get a 3.19.1 kernel into the
>> book rater than a .0 version.
>>
>> Our schedules are not driven by anything external, but are good for
>> planning.
>>
>> What do you think?

> Fine with me. As I've already noted, it would be great if it was at least on Feb
> 20th or later. But, it's entirely up to you and I trust your choice will be the
> right one.

OK,  I just updated to the latest packages.  I'll wait until the 20th for 
util-linux-2.25 and linux-2.19.1.  If they come out before then, I'll do -rc1 at 
that time, otherwise plan on this Friday.

   -- Bruce



More information about the lfs-dev mailing list