[lfs-dev] Upcoming package freeze and -rc1

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 13:44:58 PST 2015


Tim Tassonis wrote:
> On 11.02.2015 19:54, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I was hoping to freeze on Feb 15, but I'd really like to get
>> util-linux-2.26 in before that.  I asked upstream and they are waiting
>> on i18n translations so they think it should be sometime next week.
>>
>> The question is whether we should wait or slip it into the book between
>> -rc1 and -stable.
>>
>> Right now, only the latest kernel and iproute2 are not in -svn.  Waiting
>> would also give us some time to possibly get a 3.19.1 kernel into the
>> book rater than a .0 version.
>>
>> Our schedules are not driven by anything external, but are good for
>> planning.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
>
> Sounds good for to wait for util-linux-2.26 and a new kernel. Concerning gcc 5,
> that would probably be a too long wait?

Even if gcc5 were to be released today, I wouldn't put it into this round. 
There are just too many potential issues what that important program to rush it.

   -- Bruce




More information about the lfs-dev mailing list