[lfs-dev] Upcoming package freeze and -rc1

Tim Tassonis stuff at decentral.ch
Thu Feb 12 09:45:16 PST 2015


On 11.02.2015 19:54, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I was hoping to freeze on Feb 15, but I'd really like to get
> util-linux-2.26 in before that.  I asked upstream and they are waiting
> on i18n translations so they think it should be sometime next week.
>
> The question is whether we should wait or slip it into the book between
> -rc1 and -stable.
>
> Right now, only the latest kernel and iproute2 are not in -svn.  Waiting
> would also give us some time to possibly get a 3.19.1 kernel into the
> book rater than a .0 version.
>
> Our schedules are not driven by anything external, but are good for
> planning.
>
> What do you think?


Sounds good for to wait for util-linux-2.26 and a new kernel. Concerning 
gcc 5, that would probably be a too long wait?

Kind regards
Tim




More information about the lfs-dev mailing list