[lfs-dev] Upcoming package freeze and -rc1

Thierry Nuttens tnuttens at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 00:51:50 PST 2015

2015-02-12 2:34 GMT+01:00 Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com>:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 12:54:34PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > I was hoping to freeze on Feb 15, but I'd really like to get
> util-linux-2.26
> > in before that.  I asked upstream and they are waiting on i18n
> translations
> > so they think it should be sometime next week.
> >
> > The question is whether we should wait or slip it into the book between
> -rc1
> > and -stable.
> >
> > Right now, only the latest kernel and iproute2 are not in -svn.  Waiting
> > would also give us some time to possibly get a 3.19.1 kernel into the
> book
> > rater than a .0 version.
> >
> > Our schedules are not driven by anything external, but are good for
> planning.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> >   -- Bruce
>  I don't feel in any hurry, but then I rarely do.  I don't think
> I'll be building a fresh system before the end of next week at the
> earliest.
> ĸen
> Already a release candidat.  Then you realize how time is flying

For my distro (which follow quiet close LFS/BLFS) I do a build almost every
week. For the moment I just didn't include  util-linux-2.26-rc1. For the
kernel, I also wait the X.XX.1 version because it's easier to adapt the
recept, for the rest, everything went well. The logs can be observed at:


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/attachments/20150212/52a4d2a2/attachment.html>

More information about the lfs-dev mailing list