[lfs-dev] Upcoming package freeze and -rc1

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Wed Feb 11 12:04:34 PST 2015


On 11-02-2015 15:54, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I was hoping to freeze on Feb 15, but I'd really like to get
> util-linux-2.26 in before that.  I asked upstream and they are waiting
> on i18n translations so they think it should be sometime next week.
> 
> The question is whether we should wait or slip it into the book between
> -rc1 and -stable.

My understanding of LFS is still worse than BLFS, but will try to
contribute.

If it is only i18n translations util-linux developers are waiting, I
believe it would be better to start using their latest -dev snapshot, or
get one (git, svn, etc) and update to it, immediately. Before our
-stable LFS, is released, during -rc1, change to 2.26. This would give
more time for everybody to test it.

> Right now, only the latest kernel and iproute2 are not in -svn.  Waiting
> would also give us some time to possibly get a 3.19.1 kernel into the
> book rater than a .0 version.

I do prefer a version > .0. Only install a .0 if in the event of having
it in -rc1, quickly updating as soon as .1 is released.

> Our schedules are not driven by anything external, but are good for
> planning.

-- 
[]s,
Fernando


More information about the lfs-dev mailing list