[lfs-dev] How to create an alias interface with LFS networt bootscripts

Tim Tassonis stuff at decentral.ch
Fri Feb 6 20:13:01 PST 2015

Hi all

I would like to create an alias interface in the form of eth0:0 to set a
a second ip address on the interface. I tried the (obvious):

cat > /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.eth0:0  << EOF
ONBOOT="yes"
IFACE="eth0:0"
SERVICE="ipv4-static"
IP="192.168.219.221"
GATEWAY="192.168.219.1"
PREFIX="24"
EOF

and then ifup eth0:0, but then got the error:

      Bringing up the eth0:0 interface...
   *  Adding IPv4 address 192.168.219.221 to the eth0:0 interface...
[  OK  ]

*****face eth0:0 doesn't exist.                                        [
FAIL ]

Is there a way to do it with the networkbootscripts in lfs 7.6, or do I
have to do something manually elsewhere?

Kind regards
Tim