[lfs-dev] SEARCH output in chroot 6.10 (Adjusting the Toolchain)

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Wed Feb 4 13:05:49 PST 2015

Le 04/02/2015 19:17, Ken Moffat a écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 12:04:31PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Pierre Labastie wrote:

>>> Seems there is an oscillating behaviour of the results as a function of
>>> binutils version
>>> number: see
>>> http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2013-April/067945.html
>>>

>  You have a good memory!  I did not realise the output differs
> according to the version of binutils.

Thinking more about it, it may come from something else:
the "=" sign at the beginning of the paths is for the sysroot directory (see
the description of the '-L' switch in "info ld").
It could be (just guessing here, no time for testing) that those paths are not
there if ld is not compiled with the "--with-sysroot" parameter. That
parameter has been added to the book's instructions on March 13th, 2013, and
the above message is from April 1st. So it could have been that the user used
an version of the book prior to March 13th. In this case, there is no reason
for having the paths starting with "=".

This needs some testing to be sure, but I am not sure it is worth it.

Pierre